Friday, June 7, 2024

DIY Name Sweater



Happy thursday!
It's been a whirlwind of fun over here,
so much going on with my nephews graduation,  the new baby
and the upcoming wedding.
Have you heard of these adorable diy name sweaters?
I decided to give it a try.
Last year when my niece announced she was expecting I picked
up one of these cable knit sweaters from Old Navy and some
pink yarn to surprise her with.
Now that little Amelia is here it's time to make this 
sweet sweater.


I did some research and have seen this done a few different ways.
I am going to try it this way where I printed out her name
in a large font and will cut it out and pin it to the sweater
and start to embroider using the chain stitch to follow
the letters. 


This is the sweater I picked up and the pink yarn 
I found.  
Stay tuned to see how it turns out.
I can't imagine it will take much time to do.
I am so excited to see the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..