Wednesday, September 5, 2018

DIY Pumpkins



Let's get ready and excited about fall!
Here are some really easy diy pumpkins for you to try.
They are no sew made with toilet paper! 
yes! you read that right!
keep reading.......


The black and white one is a full roll of toilet paper


The blue one is a half roll of toilet paper


Here's how I made them...
I purchased a set of 4 table napkins at Homegoods for $5.99
You can also use fabric if you like.  I just like the fact that the napkins are the perfect size and I didn't have to sew anything.
Start by laying it out on your surface and set the roll of tp in the center of the napkin


Now this is an unusual step, to stuff the pumpkin and make him
plump I used what I had on hand and wrapped two plastic grocery bags around the tp roll
(if you have batting then you can use that as well)
again, I'm all about what I have on hand. 


Start by taking the napkin and pushing it into the center of the toilet paper roll till you get the entire napkin tucked in


keep going......


Once all tucked in it should look like this (below)


What I did for the stem was go out to my yard and find
a large branch and cut it to size, about 4"
At this time push the branch down into the center of the 
pumpkin.  Now,  I chose not to glue any of my pumpkin.
No need to, it all stays in place without.


Once I put the stem in place I added a little greenery which I just
pushed down the cetner as well.


And here it is all complete!!!


Now, if you want a smaller pumpkin, check your bathrooms for a 
half used roll of tp.  Use the same step as above to make the smaller version as I did with the blue pumpkin

***NOTE****
If you would like see the video on how to make this go to my instagram account, the video is 
in the highlights.  Visit my instagram account
by going to my blog's home page and click on the 
icon on the right, third one over

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..