Thursday, July 2, 2020

Faux Mini Cakes



A few posts back I showed you the larger faux cake I made.
Well I had a small 2 1/4" x 6" styrofoam piece that made me
think to make a smaller version of the large cake.
Insert these "mini" cakes.

You can view my original post HERE
to see how to make these "faux cakes"
The process with be the same for any size cake
you choose to make.

I use these cakes for wedding decor and events,
right now they are sitting on my counter.
You could use them in your kitchen/home decor.


To decorate the cakes I used artificial leaves or what they call
"picks" from the craft store.  You can use any greens you have especially for the smaller mini cakes as they only need a few
little greens on top of them.
You can see in the picture above on each top of the mini cakes I used different greens on each one so that you can see how different ones look. 
The roses are made from paper using a big shot die, but if you don't have the die, these can be made by hand.  I will be posting how 
to make those on my next post. 
Something to look forward to!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..