Monday, December 14, 2020

Hot Chocolate Bar




Hello friends!
Hope you all had a great weekend!
I decided it would be fun to make a hot chocolate bar
for the holiday.
The above sign says "home", I haven't used it since we moved so instead of buying a hot chocolate bar sign I figured I could make one out of what I have on hand. 
I used some black chalk paint ( I prefer chalk paint as it dries quickly)
I did two coats and let it dry before writing on the board. 


I went around the kitchen and pulled as many items I could out of cupboards to create my bar.
I only ended up having to buy the cocoa, marsh mellows and peppermint bits. 


Just stack and add as you go,  you can see I filled
ball jars with the goodies and empty jars with cookies and candies.
You can make yours to suit the ages in your homes.



Some other fun ideas are the piroutte cookies, candy canes, little chocolates.


You can use trays or boxes to put your jars on or put them
right on the counter.  I added some vintage santa mugs that
were my Grandma's too.
I set them on top of a cake stand, get creative as you like and
just move things around til you get it to look how you like it.
It's a lot of fun to do and you can also do this with the kiddos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..