Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Gnome for the Holidays


Happy wednesday!
I've been so busy getting ready for the holidays I feel like I haven't had a moment to create a card to share in a while!
So back to the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set I go!
As you have figured out by now,  I love gnomes.


These images are from the "Gnome for the Holidays" set
I used some aqua painters and regular markers to create this card.
The trick to watercoloring is to start with the lighter color first then layer the darker over the top.  
Watercoloring is very relaxing, just take your time and add as you go. 


I thought I'd share my Christmas tree this year.  
I typically have done a white forest animal themed tree but decided to add some color and ribbon I have had hanging around for a few years.
To make the ribbon for the tree you will cut your ribbon two different sizes and angle the end pieces when you cut them.
At the top give it a slight twist and using a stapler, staple it together and tuck deep into the inner part of the tree adding it all throughout the tree to you get the desired look you are looking for.  
I used a red and black buffalo plaid ribbon and a burlap ribbon.
It's just what I had on hand and I really have been trying to use what I have. 


I found this gorgeous tree at the Home Depot a few years ago.
It's 9ft that came somewhat flocked with the crystals on it. 

It's still available and can be found HERE

I also found the metal tree collar there too  HERE
Both were 80% off when I purchased them!

Here's to decking the halls, walls and outside!

\



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..