Friday, January 21, 2022

Valentine Gnomes




Happy friday friends!
Remember these cute gnomies from Christmas?
I got these at the Dollar Tree and have quite a few leftover.

Since the dollar tree ones have come and gone,
here is a link to Amazon. 
You get 40 in this batch.
HERE  - Wood cut out Gnomes


I decided to alter them for Valentine's day.
The little pink wood hearts are also from the dollar tree,
then little coffee cup is from a stamp set I have had for years.
I stamped it on white card stock then layered it on top of cardboard
to give it depth. 
(the little wood hearts come painted already which is a bonus, they come in a pack with red and pink, different sizes too.)


I used these three colors of acrylic paint as well as a white. 
You also want to use a very thin tipped paint brush to
paint in the lines. 


All painted and ready to gift.
You can see I pretty much did the same on each gnome with the exception of adding polka dots to the top on. 
I used a white gel pen to add those dots. 
 Easy to control than the paint brush for making circles!


One the coffee cup I added some gold glitter to the heart in the center.
See how the cup looks 3D by gluing to the card board?


Just get out your handy dandy glue gun to attach the wood hearts
and the coffee cup, if you don't have a coffee cup, you could add flowers or a punched out glitter heart similar to the one that I posted
a few days back where I punch out a glitter heart for the girl to hold.


Last but not least,  what to do with these little guys!
Well, first I decided since they have a hole in the top
to add twine to be able to attach them to something. 
I ran the twine through the hole and added a small 10mm
wood bead to it.
Here are a couple of ways to gift them.....


How about a bottle of wine or bubbly or apple cider?
Or here below I added it to one of my 
"fall in love" tea towels to gift.....
I always love seeing what you all come
up with, so if you have any ideas, send them my way!
Spread the love!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..