Saturday, January 30, 2010

Valentine Candy Bouquet

This morning Shaelyn and I got up and decided to make these candy bouquets for her
teacher that I have had on my mind for a long time.   They are very inexspensive to make,
don't you just LOVE that!  You will see in the photo below what you need to start with but
I also forgot to include a package of red cellophane so add that to your list.  Have fun creating!
So as you can see you will need bamboo sticks, a vase ( dollar store), M &M"s,  6 Hershey bars
and a pkg of cello paper ( dollar store).  I started by taping the candy bars to the bamboo sticks then
moved on to cutting the cello paper into 8 inch squares and taking the bamboo sticks punching
in the center of the square to push the paper to the top of the stick,  ( see photo below)  I then took floral
tape and started at the top of the stick as you can see in photo and wrap it to make it adhere
to the cello paper and stick.  This goes quite quickly.  Then fill your jar with the M & M's
tie a bow of your choice.   I took out my Big Shot and vinyl and cut three hearts out of the
vinyl to put on the front of the vase.  When that is complete you will arrange all the sticks
with candy and cello paper right into the vase.  I took one last stick and stamped
a heart with the new SU! set called Sweetheart and attached it to the stick with tape
and put that dead center.  It cost me $7.00 to make this cute bouquet.  I hope I
have inspired you!  Let me know if you have questions.   I am going to try in the
near future, when I am not crafting to fiqure out how to do videos for you all!
Have a fun and chillaxin weekend!  xoxo

Here goes.......

1 comment:

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..