Monday, August 27, 2012

Halloween Elastic hair bands and Video



Hi all!  today I have a little helper my Daughter Shaelyn, who felt we had to make you a video on how to make these super easy Hair Bands.  With two girls in the house who love these bands, it only made sense to find the elastic online and try and make some.  Of course, my mind goes right to Halloween hair bands, so here is what I came up with......

the first one is just a piece of 3 x 4' inch cardboard covered with our Howlstooth and Scaringbone designer series paper, the second design is one of those Ikea jars filled with the hair bands and topped with a rossette stamped with a cute pumpkin from the Spooky Bingo Bits set

There have been lots of emails where I ordered these here it is....
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ElasticByTheYard

here are the jars up close

here's the packaged hair bows on cardstock

Products used:
Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP # 126906 - $10.95
Spooky Bingo Bits - wood # 123944- $37.95 or clear # 123946 $ 27.95


Don't forget the "Sweet Deal" !  if you place and order of $35.00 or more by September 15th you will receive  the choice of one of my Halloween banners FREE!    (go to my August 20th post to choose  "witch" one you would like.


Here's one of the banners
Place your Orders HERE



4 comments:

  1. I like those hair bands. I have long hair so I use those a lot. I like the disclaimer about using the lighter. :o) Where do you get elastic by the yard like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    I know I love them too! and the Halloween colors! woo hoo! here is where I found the elastic. It's really cheap 45 cents a yard!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ElasticByTheYard

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute and it is sweet that Shaelyn wanted us to see a video. Where did you get the ribbon? Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie! yes, that is why the disclaimer is on there for the lighter! in case of kidlets! anywho, here is the site http://www.etsy.com/shop/ElasticByTheYard I better post it, I'm getting lots of requests. Have fun making them!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..