Wednesday, March 20, 2019

DIY Tiled Table





I inherited this tiled table with our home we bought almost four months ago right before winter set in.  I have been itching to get to some projects done around the house that involve painting. 
 All of which are outdoor projects.
Two and a half weeks ago we had 2 feet or more of snow covering the ground.  
 Yesterday was an unusual 82 degrees and the day before 79!
I took advantage of the heat and got to painting the projects I keep walking by hoping to get to.


I love using chalk paint for projects.  If you have never used it, I recommend you check it out.  As you see in the pic above the table is tile. Normally you would have to sand/prime and then paint.   But with chalk paint you just paint directly onto the tile!   
Dries so fast!


Rust-Oleum Chalked Chalk Paint,

Starting with the Rustoleum aged gray chalk paint, paint two coats right on top of the tile.  No need to prime or sand.   Chalk paint dries super fast and adheres to most surfaces making diy projects so quick and fun and easy to do.  It literally dried within 10 mins.
This is how it looked with the two coats on it below.



Next step is choosing your second color that you are going
to stencil with.  I chose the Rustoleum Charcoal.
It a lighter version of black- not as solid
You can see in the picture below that I set the stencil
right dead center of the table.  That's where I started 
my stenciling from, then worked out from there. 


The stencil I chose I found at Michael's, it's a good size one
measuring 23" x 19 1/2", perfect for larger projects or walls.
They are regularly priced at $18 for the stencil, but
with the 40% off coupon it was $10.80.


I started by putting the stencil in the center of the table and
working outward.  Took a total of 6 times with one being a full 
sheet, the rest weren't the whole sheet if that makes sense. 

There's a video of me actually rolling the chalk paint
over the stencil so you can see it in action.
It's on my Instagram, you can go to my 
home page and click on the Instagram icon on the right. 


Once you finish with the stenciling you will put two coats
of matte polycrylic on top to set the paint and stenciling.


Here it is all done!  
It almost looks blue to me in the picture but 
it's the charcoal black. 


Loving this fresh new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..