Sunday, March 21, 2021

Easter Arrangement


Happy Sunday!
You know I have shared with you that it's national crafting month.
Well, let's put that into action!
Here's a great diy that I know you can do and it's super affordable!
This cute arrangement can be made in under 1/2 hour!


Do you like to decorate for Easter?
This arrangement would look cute anywhere.
I put mine on top of a wood round and added this cute bunny
a friend gave me for my birthday.
(and because I know you will ask, she got it at Home Goods)
Okay on to how to make this cutie.


All the pieces you need for this project are from the Dollar Tree
with exception for the bunny ears which I found at Hobby Lobby.
Now remember as I always say,  try and use what you have on hand.
For instance,  instead of the bunny ears, there are so many different ideas you could use.  Just look at your local craft store and see what they have, otherwise check at Hobby Lobby for the ears.

Back to what you need:
A metal pail 
greens (I used ivy I had on hand)
Plastic eggs 
wired ribbon 
cotton balls.
bamboo skewers
Ears
Floral foam
Again all these items are at the Dollar Tree


\

Starting with your metal pail, cut your floral foam
to fit in the botton.  Once you cut to fit your pail size, 
uses a glue gun glue the foam to the bottom of the pail.


I cut two pieces and glued them in the bottom. 
Next take the bunny ears and push them right into
the center of the foam.  



Like this... 

Now using your greens tuck them all around the 
front and back and sides of the inside of the pail
We want to cover up the floral foam and by doing
this it hides the foam from all sides.



For your wired bow take the ribbon and fold it over a total of 6 times
layering it back and forth.  When done doing that wrap wire around it and pull each piece to the front so that you can "fluff" up each piece.
I love this ribbon from the Dollar Tree it's so delicate looking. 
Take one of the bamboo sticks and using some more of the wire, wire it to the stick.  I added just a little bit of hot glue to the metal and the stick so it wouldn't shift or move. 
Now for the eggs use any type you like.  Most all plastic eggs have a very small hole in the bottom.  Add a small bit of glue to the hole and 
push through the stick. 
You are now ready to insert your pieces!


Because I am left handed I tend to put everything on the left,
so if you have every followed along with me and thought,
"that would look better on the other side" you may be right handed!
So start with your completed bow, since you are pushing these items
into foam you can remove it and move it where you would like it 
if you are not liking where you put it!
So here goes,  add your bow on either side and then add the eggs.
You can see in the picture below, I inserted the bow on the left and added my two eggs on the right, one higher than the other.
Play around with it and see if you like how it looks, 
if you don't just take it out and re-insert.
Make sure and fluff up your bow and you are done!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..