Friday, March 12, 2021

Paper carrot garland




Look how cute this is!!
You can do this too!
Easter carrot garland
I promise it will be easy and fun, come on anyway,
do I ever give you things you can't make?!!
I hung mine from the floating shelves in my kitchen
but when you make yours decide where you will be putting it
and depending on where that is will determine what length you will want to make your jute. 


Okay,  let's get started on how to make these;
depending on how long you make your jute will determine how many carrots you make.  I made eight carrots on my strand.
Based on that, that will be how many pieces of orange card stock you cut.   In the image below I've shown you sizes to cut your card stock.
So if you were to use 8 carrots, cut 8 pieces of orange card stock each piece cut at 1/2" x 8"
For the stem, the center piece is longer than the two side pieces.
Cut the center piece of the stem as many pieces as carrots you cut.
Then for the two sides of the stem you will cut double of how
many carrots you cut as one carrot needs to side pieces. 
The center piece is cut at 3 1/2" x 1/2"
The two side pieces are cut at 3" x 1/2"
Just like you see below. 


Now with all your pieces being cut start with using 
an snail adhesive and putting some adhesive at the bottom of the green stem, put together all the stem pieces.  Once you have them adhered together take your orange piece of card stock and fold it in half.
Tucking the stem in the middle, take a stapler and staple it all together so it looks like the picture.
Once this is done bring down both sides of the carrot and staple the ends together,  you now should have a carrot!


Staple the carrots at the bottom as you see below,
they are coming together!
Aren't they cute!


Once all of your carrots are assembled, 
get your jute out and lay across your table or
counter and lay each carrot in place where you think
it should be.  If you like to measure things then
feel free to grab a ruler to measure each distance,
otherwise you can eyeball where you'd like them.
Using a glue gun add a little bit of glue to the jute press the carrot on
top of the jute.   I glued my carrots right at the end of the stem,
like below.......



And here it is!!
Sooo so fun and cute!
You can hang them from your mantle, a cabinet,
in the window or like I did across my shelves in the kitchen.
Send me your pics!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..