Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bottle Cap Necklaces

Here's what were making today!  Bottle cap necklaces!  Here's what you need:
Crystal Effects, Designer paper, bottle caps, metallic spray paint, dazzling diamond glitter, ribbon for necklaces, (I used the SU! 1/2' Lace black trim and the little bead chain necklace.  (can be found at local craft store.  So here they are:

The first is made by taking the bottle cap and lightly spraying the back side only with metallic silver or flat silver spray paint.  Let dry. When dry take a 1/8' punch and punch a hole in the top of bottle cap for your jump hoop to go thru.  Punch hole and add the jump hoop. Take your designer series paper, I used the Candy Cane Christmas.  Use a 1 3/4 circle punch and then glue to the inside of the bottle cap.  Take the crystal effects, (don't have any?  you can order it right from my site to the left.)  squirt just enough to cover the inside of cap, then shake a little giltter in the center and let dry, drys in 20 minutes but I like to wait on hour.  Add your bead chain.

This next one the steps are the same but a few changes since I want this to be for an adult rather than little kiddo.  I used a jewelry bail on the bottle cap that I attached at the back with the crystal effects.  You want to use just a little of the crystal effects as you don't want the glue all goobery.  (is that a word?!) anywho... the image I just found online it's a lttle bird and chandelier.  Love it! I added the lace trim as the necklance.  I tied a few knots throughtout the necklace strand as well.   Here are a few more pictures. 


Have fun trying these, they are quite easy.  Stayed tuned for the next day or so I will be posting some other necklaces I have been making too.  Lots of fun Christmas gift ideas!  Have a great weekend!  xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! I recently bought a "scrabble tile" necklace too, but I don't have any spare tiles to make more. But I do have bottle caps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog, looking forward to more wonderful! swarovski crystal

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..