Saturday, March 21, 2020

Be Still




This is my VERY over grown Chocolate Vine
I decided to go out and take a shot at trimming it.
I took it down about a 1/3" and it is just starting to fill
in just in time for spring.....


You can see in the picture how the canes grow and twist around.
While I was trimming it I could see all the twisted canes.
Of course my creative brain went,  oooohhh, I could
make something with these canes.


I ended up making these crosses, similar to ones I made last year.
It didn't take much to create this outdoor beauty!
I took two pieces of the vine and using a very light jute thread I just threaded it on through.


I made a few of these and handed them out to neighbors to lift their spirits.
I truly love creating things from things I find in the yard, etc.


It's comforting reading this......










No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..