Friday, March 27, 2020

No Matter the Weather returns!



 I warned you!
Here is a fun card and envelope project for you to 
try out. 
Remember,  if you do not have this set, see what you have in 
place of it.


This is a fun way to make your envelopes,
so start with two same size envelopes. 
You will be cutting on the landscrape (long side)
of the envelope.
The one on the left shows you to cut 2" at the top,
I used a pair of decorative scissors on this one.
The one on the right has you just cutting away 1/2",
once done lick the envelope shut.


The next step for the envelope with be to run the one
envelope on the right through the corrugator.
What this will do is give the paper a crinkle
look but also aids in making the envelope just a slight
bit smaller the long way so that you are able to
put the top of the other one you cut over it.


This is the other 2" piece that I cut with decorative scissors,
I like how the scissors I chose has a scallop edge to them. 


Using the flowers in the stamp set, I stamped the across the
top of the envelope.


When done both pieces should look like this
Now onto the card....
Cut a piece of colored cardstock at 3 3/4" x 5"
Then a piece of white cardstock at  4 3/4" x 7"
Fold your white cardstock over and prepare
to stamp your images.
I used a blender pen to get nice and light
colors on my design


I always like to add a little 3D images to the card
so I used stampin' dimensionals to pop up the pot
of flowers and the rabbit.


You can see from this angle how the card sits on top
of the base piece of red. 
Once your card is all done it fits nicely right into
the corrugated envelope.


Like this!
Now, take the top of the other envelope and put it over the
top of the base to close the envelope off.
I made a small tag for the card and used jute twine
to tie it off. 


Here's a few close up's of it.


Here it is before putting it in the envelope. 
So fun and cute to make!
Do you think you would make one of these?
If you do,  send me your pics!
I would love to share them!


There will be more of this set showing up,
I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..