Monday, October 5, 2020

Split Wood bead fall wreath


Happy monday~
I shared last week a split wood bead wreath I made in all creme colors.
Today I am back with a more traditional style wreath for the front door.
I found a bouquet of fall flowers at Joann's store, they had
them 60% off making my flower bouquet all of $2.99!


Isn't this Halloween door mat adorable?
I found it too at Joann's for $6.00!


Here is the wreath up close. 
I kept it the same as the original one and just
added the fall colors using a glue gun.


Here's some more of my front entrance...


This is the cute cement pumpkin I showed you how 
to make last week!


These colors scream fall!

 cement pumpkin I made from earlier post, so cute!
(instructions on early posts last week)


Supplies you will need for the wreath:
Wood wreath ring 16"  (Joann's)
Split wood beads (16 total)
Elmer's waterproof glue
(you want waterproof glue in the event you hang it outdoors,
if you use a glue gun the wood beads will pop off in certain climates)
The waterproof glue will keep all the items attached to the wreath
secure.
Choose any fall flowers.


These split wood beads are a nice size, you want to get the 2" diameter ones for this wreath. 
It's hard to tell in the photo but this is a good size wreath.


Staring anywhere on the wood form by putting the 
glue directly onto the form then attach the split wood
bead, use all 16 which will cover the majority of the wood
form.  
With the rest of the wreath you will add your flowers.
Plan it out on your counter before you attach to the form
that way you can get an idea how it will look.
Now start by either hot gluing or use some floral wire to attach
the flowers whichever you prefer.
I chose the wire so that I can change up the wreath easily for any holiday. 


This is what the wreath looked like before I added the fall flowers....



And fall ready!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..