Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Our Halloween Home Decor


Here comes my favorite time of the year!
The holidays!  all of them!
But, I certainly do love to decorate for Halloween.
You may or may not know something about me,
I used to work in the display department at Nordstroms.
This was years ago when I had just finished college studying 
Graphics Arts and Design.  
I loved my time there, especially when it was time to decorate for 
Christmas.  It was a fun time in my life, but I tend
to get a "little" carried away with decor!
So,  let's get started with some Halloween
decor in my home.
Above is my fireplace where I just added some garland that I have had for quite a few years now.  I purchased them both from Target.
I love to use the gauze you see in the photo and you will see in quite a few more pics.  The bats I hand cut and attached with double sided tape to the mantle. 
You can get the gauze at the Dollar Tree in black, creme and gray.
I have all three and I love how you can drape it around anywhere,
inside of the house or out. 


These are our very steep stairs leading up to our rooms.
The cute little cut out mice are also from the Dollar Tree


You can't not decorate the bathroom, come on!
You can see I used the gray gauze around the window
framing and added some more of the mice and a few
figurines and spiders. 


And what the heck! if your going to decorate the bathroom
then the laundry room is not off limits!
Muuuuuwaaaaahhhh!
This is right above my washer and dryer, you can see I used the creme
gauze on the shelf just by draping it so it's almost falling off.
I tucked some spiders in the gauze, added a candle and little 
Halloween sign. 


Does anyone else love or have 3 tiered trays?
This one is a 2 tier, but holds quite a bit.
Just tuck a bunch of little nick nak halloween items on the tray
and it looks so cute!

I'll move outside now where we have a long driveway
where I skipped every other post and used the black 
gauze and crows and the "Scat Cat" lighted signs
and pumpkins. 
The crows and gauze can be found at Dollar Tree,
the signs I have had for years and purchased from Walmart. 


Here's the crow up close, aren't they cute?


And last but not least, my Subway Art
sign.  I made this soooo many years ago
and just keep recycling it every year whether
it's inside or out. 
I hope I have inspired you in some way to 
decorate for the Halloween season or 
at least Fall.  It's fun to have something
small to look forward to while we are all 
isolated at home. 
Let the Halloween fun begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..