Monday, July 31, 2023

Lavender Propagating


Do you love lavender too?
I have had so much fun with all 5 of my lavender plants
and even added a new variety this year, a WHITE one!
Who knew?  I was at a local lavender farm and they have pink and white variety.  Had to grab one. 


I found out from the owner of the lavender farm that you can easily propagate lavender bushes from your existing plants.
I did not know how easy this was.
Right after you plants are almost done blooming for the season you can cut as many stems as you'd like to propagate with.
Make sure and cut any bloom of purple off the top, but
cut from the very bottom of the plant. 
Once you have your clippings you fill a jar with water and
set them in the water being sure to have all the green off the bottom of
the stems.  Look at my picture below. 


See the little starts on the stem already?
So excited and hope this works once I move them into the garden!
I have posted many times about all the things I love to make with lavender so it will be great to have an increase in my lavender garden. 
You can also propagate any of your herbs in your garden too~
Chat for another time......
Happy monday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..