Friday, July 28, 2023

Painted fall leaves





Hi friends!
Well,  I am all over the place!
Summer, Halloween and now fall!
I have neutral tones in my living room with a navy accent so when I was at Hobby Lobby I found a package of navy and brown leafs that I thought would be fun to paint with chalk paint so that the colors shows through just slightly. 


Here are the leaves,  pretty colors.
I think navy is going to be THE fall color this year. 


I add just a little bit of glue to them and waited for them to
get tacky before I painted them with chalk paint. 
You are adding the glue so that when you paint the chalk paint on the leaves it creates the paint to crack.


You can also use Elmer's glue if you have that on hand.
Be sure and use a brush to spread the glue over the leaves.
Then wait til they are dry and slightly tacky. 
Let dry....
Now enjoy!


I added mine to my table vingette with some candles
and dried grass from my yard. 




You can see just a hint of the color thru with white paint. 




Be prepared,  if you have followed me for long you 
know I LOVE fall!


You can see the blue on the top leaf and the brown on the bottom. 
Give it a try!  
Also good tip,  Dollar Tree has bags of fall colored leaves for just $1.25.  These were at Hobby Lobby for $4.99 with 40% off.
Still good price.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..