Thursday, July 6, 2023

Lavender harvesting


It's that time of year where you can harvest your lavender.
I planted three new bushes this year and had 3 already, and
I tell you they have produced so many sprigs of lavender.
I cut from just two of the bushes in the bucket above. 


I let the lavender dry in a vase and tied some of it into little bushel like you see below or I put some of the sprigs in a pan and started to slide the little buds of the ends and put them in little jars. 



Looking at both of these picutres you can tie yours in a bundle
or put it all in a vase and let it dry!


I've shown you this idea a few times before but here goes:
We love to make lavender syrup around here, we use it in our teas and lemonade.  You can also pour it over ice cream! 


Another fun craft idea would be to make lavender epson salts.
Just take your lavender buds and epson salt add it to a cute jar or container to gift.   That is it! 




                                            Lavender Macaroons is definitely on my list of 
   lavender treats to make.  Don't they look delicious!!! 
Get your hands on a lavender bush and watch the magic grow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..