Monday, November 6, 2023

Vintage Ornaments


Happy monday!
I took a friend to the Great Junk Hunt locally that comes to town a couple of times of the year.  They have truly amazing booths, one after another of vintage wares as well as the latest in home decor.
You literally can't leave without SOMETHING!




One of the items I kept noticing that kept creeping up at each booth were vintage cookie cutter ornaments.  
When I saw them I thought, 
"I could make these!"
So I got home and realized I had bought quite a bit of cookie cutters
last year at one of the stores.  They had their holiday cookie
cutters for 10 cents each, of course I picked up a bunch and who knew
I would end up using them. 


You can pick up cookie cutters anywhere. 
Start your project by grabbing some scrapbook paper, glue gun and some glitter and a pencil.   Add adhesive to one side of the cookie cutter and lay it on top of the paper of your choice. 


Too add a little bling to your ornament add some more adhesive
to the other side of the ornament and add your glitter.
Take a look below to see what how I did this. 
Once it's dry you can cut the image away from the paper.  



Here's the three different ones I made.
Which one do you like?



To make and hang the ornament, use a cropadile
to punch a hold in the top of the metal to create the hole
for the twine to go through.  


Feed your twine through the hole and tie off into a knot. 




You can use any scrapbooking paper to attach to the back,
the silver tinsel ribbon is bought at any craft store.
If you do not have a cropadile to punch a hole in the center then just feed your twine through the top of the ornament and cut excess off. 



So sweet and festive! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..