Saturday, December 3, 2022

Holiday decor




Happy Saturday!
Sharing a little Christmas countdown I drew onto our chalkboard in my butler's pantry. 
I used some artificial greens to frame around it and added the light up
star I found at the Dollar Tree.



To follow the countdown I made a little wreath out of pipe cleaner greens and added a few magnets to the back.
Love how it turned out! 

Another area I had to play with was our fireplace, as you can see we have a few ledges on the front of our fireplace without a mantle.
I so wanted to have the greens look like they are on a mantle, but since the ledge only goes so far I had to try and make it look like 
the mantle is longer than it is.
How I did this was added some command strips to the top of the ledge to hang the stockings and greens from.  
Where the ledge ends makes it difficult to have the green garland be continuous, so I took out my glue gun and added a few squirts of glue to the fireplace to adhere the greens.
Once the holiday is over you just peel away the glue.
It worked pretty well! 


We are getting cozy over here and ready for the holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..