Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Floating acrylic frames





Live from Seattle!
No really, I grew up in Seattle and now live 45 minutes nw of the city.  What I was looking for was line art of the city that I could frame in my guest bedroom.
I showed a few posts back how to find and print out these pieces of art just by goggling what images you are looking for.
This is a new one I most recently framed.


I love this print and how it showcases the Space Needle
To make these frames I ordered the acrylic frames and the screw back both from Amazon.  You can either order the frames with the holes in them already (cost is more)  or you can drill your own 
holes which is what I chose to do.  When drilling on your own make sure you just measure the size of the screw back to the size of your drill bit.  When drilling acrylic add a piece of masking tape to the area you are going to drill first so that you don't crack the frame.  I measured in 1" on each side and drilled at that mark.



These are floating frames, 
so the screws have two pieces to them which you can see in the picture below.  You screw the base piece into the wall first then 
when you are ready to mount the framed the second piece goes through the hole of the frame and screws together to hold the frame
to the wall.
This is a really fun project for your to try.
And you can order everything online you need with us all being in quarantine.  Give it a try!
Here are the products I used;




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..